- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Dr. Brooks grew up in the Tampa Bay area and began his exposure to veterinary medicine and surgery at a young age. His father, Dr. H Palmer Brooks, Sr., was a veterinarian practicing in the Tampa Bay area beginning in 1959. As a child, Dr. Brooks, Jr. began working for his father and gained exposure to dairy and beef cattle, exotic animals (Lowry Park Zoo, Busch Gardens, etc), horses, and dog and cat medicine/surgery. After completing his undergraduate studies at the University of Florida, he attended Auburn University School of Veterinary Medicine, and attained his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) in 1979. Upon graduation, he came back to the Tampa area to begin working as a veterinarian with his father
until 1984, at which time he opened Citrus Park Animal, Bird & Exotics Hospital. Dr. Brooks also opened and operated Veterinary Emergency Services for over 18 years, as well as Veterinary Diagnostic Services (a full service laboratory utilized by multiple Tampa Bay veterinarians), and the Animal Taxi (a pet transportation service), all in addition to owning and operating two other local veterinary hospitals simultaneously. Dr. Brooks has been in the Citrus Park location for over 32 years, and is licensed to practice veterinary medicine in Florida and Alabama. His compassion, commitment and determination are evident in his service. On a daily basis, he donates his time and services gratis to the conservation and treatment of our local wildlife. Aside from practicing veterinary medicine, he has been married for 37 years, has three children and nine grandchildren. His hobbies and interests include, but are not limited to, fishing, scuba diving, and carrying on a family tradition of cattle ranching.
Below are some more facts about Dr. Brooks:
• American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
• Association of Avian Veterinarians (AAV)
• American Association of Zoo Veterinarians (AAZV)
• Florida Veterinary Medical Association (FVMA)
• Hillsborough County Veterinary Medical Association (HCVMA)
• Central Florida Academy of Veterinary Medicine (CFAVM)
Various Non-Veterinary Organizations/Interests:
• Coastal Conservation Association (CCA)
• Sumter County Cattleman’s Association
• Holds a United States Coast Guard (USCG) Captain’s License
• Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission Wildlife Rehabilitation Permit
• National Audubon Society
• World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
• The Nature Conservancy
• Humane Society of Tampa Bay
• Medical care and rehabilitation of endangered species like the Gopher tortoise and other FL wildlife.
• People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)
|Monday||7:30 am||6:00 pm|
|Tuesday||7:30 am||6:00 pm|
|Wednesday||7:30 am||6:00 pm|
|Thursday||7:30 am||6:00 pm|
|Friday||7:30 am||6:00 pm|
|Saturday||7:30 am.||1:00 pm|
|7:30 am||7:30 am||7:30 am||7:30 am||7:30 am||7:30 am.||Closed|
|6:00 pm||6:00 pm||6:00 pm||6:00 pm||6:00 pm||1:00 pm||Closed|
I would recommend this clinic, the doctor is knowledgeable and friendly to my pets. The fees seem fair and they never hesitate to give an estimate if asked. My pets are happy with this Dr. so that makes me happy!